All Content on this website is Copyright to EllipticalTrainerReview.com - Livestrong 8.0 Elliptical Trainer
Reproduction in whole or in part without express written permission is prohibited. Violators will be prosecuted.
Livestrong 8.0E Elliptical Trainer
A Review of the Livestrong 8.0 Elliptical & Where To Buy It At A Discount
1) Six Star Certified - This 8.0E elliptical is six star certified. This means that it's built to specific standards that make your elliptical workout more comfortable. This certification includes
ZEROgap™ Ideal Pedal Placement
IDEALfit™ Optimal Handlebar Spacing
StraightUP™ Body Posture Design
SMOOTHPulley™ System for Efficient Motion
FLATellipse™ Natural Foot Path
SUREstep™ Easy Access Design
For example, closer foot pedals feel more natural to your body and can reduce the strain on your hips. A more upright design also feels more natural and comfortable as you're not leaning on the handrails as much as with cheaper ellipticals.
The Surestep easy access design gives you a low step-on height, which for many people feels more comfortable.
2) Manual Incline - Incline (not the same as resistance) changes the slope of the elliptical motion, working different sets of muscle groups.
This gives you a more effective workout and helps to avoid overtraining. The 8.0 elliptical model comes with a 5 position manual incline which means you have to get off the machine to change the incline. (For power incline options, see the higher end Livestrong 10.0 or 13.0 models.)
3) 9 Built-In Workout Programs - The 8.0 E Ellipticals comes with 9 built-in workouts inlcuding Lance’s Climb, Muscle Toner, Mellow Johnny’s Trail and more. These can help keep you challenged during your workout.
4) 20" Stride Length - While cheaper ellipticals often come with a 14 - 16" stride, Livestrong machines use a fuller 20" stride. A longer stride helps you to more fully work your leg muscles and gives you a more optimal workout. While this is not unique to Livestrong, it's still a great feature to have - especially at this price point.
5) 23 lb Flywheel for Smooth Ride - In general with ellipticals the heavier the flywheel, the smooth ride you get. The 8.0 elliptical comes with a decent 23 lb flywheel.
While it's not the heaviest flywheel out there, at this price point, it's incredible. (Just to give you an idea, Horizon - which is around the same price point uses 16 lb flywheels on average).
The Livestrong 8.0E elliptical trainer is affordable - but it's still a newer starter elliptical and does not have some of the extra features that the higher end 13.0E model offers - like the Archpedal that tones your glutes or the heavier 30 lb flywheel.
The Livestrong 8.0E elliptical offers some impressive features in a machine under $800 including an extra long 20" stride and manual incline. The six-star certified ergonomic design will definitely give you a more comfortable ride.
While it's not a commercial grade machine, if you're on a budget and want a value machine that's better built than your typical department store unit, the 8.0E elliptical is worth checking out.
You can see a fully video of how this elliptical works on the manufacturer's website here (scroll down to the bottom).
Where To Buy At A Discount:
You can buy the Livestrong 8.0E elliptical direct from the Manufacturer. They're also offering Free Shipping which can also save you at least $150+.